My mum was really into yoga when she was in her 40s, and since she was really weird about leaving me home alone until I was a hormonal teenager (at which point she couldn’t stand to be in the same room as me), I got roped into taking a lot of yoga classes with her when I was a kid.
(Which was kind of awkward since she took most of those classes with her man-hating friends, you know?)
Of course, I have refused to even contemplate doing a yoga class since then, but after the shock and stress and sadness of my dad’s death last month, I’ve been craving a way to zone out and relax. And since I cannot fathom handling a hot yoga class at the gym (do you know how bad that would make me smell??!), I decided to hop on over to YouTube to find some yoga workouts I could do at home, and I fell in love with LivestrongWoman.
Have you heard of her?
She has a way of breaking her yoga workouts down so I can actually understand what I’m supposed to do, and since I know I’m not the only mom out there who wants to build her core body strength and posture while also reducing her stress levels, I couldn’t help but share 10 of my favorite at-home yoga workouts for busy moms!
Unfortunately, Livestrong Woman doesn’t have any DVDs out, but if you don’t have an internet package that allows you to stream yoga videos for hours and hours each month, I highly recommend Yoga for Beginners %26 Beyond. It contains over 40 routines for every level and really helped me learn the basics.
And now for those FREE yoga workouts…
1. Basic Breathing Yoga Workout
2. Building Balance Yoga Workout
3. Build Core Strength Yoga Workout
4. Build Strength Evenly Yoga Workout
5. Flexibility and Range of Motion Yoga Workout
6. 5-Minute Yoga Core Yoga Workout
7. Ultimate Stretch Yoga Routine Yoga Workout
8. Crazy Core Building Routine Yoga Workout
9. Tricky Twists and Balances Yoga Workout
10. Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion